So I've been checking Craigslist and KSL for a cheap, decent-looking dresser (for the baby's room) for a month or two now. A couple came up that we had planned on getting, but by the time we called to say we were coming, they had already sold. Bummer. But I knew something would come along and on Monday it did! I saw a posting on KSL for this free dresser.
Since it was free I felt okay getting it with the intention to paint it. So Monday night while Bryan was working on homework I went to Home Depot and bought some paint equipment. (Special thanks to Vati and the paint guys at Home Depot (but mostly Vati) for making this project possible. I would have been lost without their help.)
Then on Tuesday morning the project began! After taking off all of the drawer pulls, I started by painting everything with a coat of the liquid sandpaper. I am sooooo glad Vati suggested this. The paint guys at Home Depot (with the exception of one) had never even heard of it, so I was glad Vati knew about it to recommend it. It made the whole project so much easier. I just painted it on and let it dry! Then it was ready for the primer.
Let me take this opportunity to add the liquid sandpaper and this Kilz primer to my list of things that are magic. As you can see in the pictures, when I painted the coat of Kilz on the ugly dark green parts and those wacko flowers were still showing through.
But when I started painting the top coat of paint you couldn't see anything! Yay!
After the top coat of light blue dried, Bryan helped me clean up and bring the dresser inside. Then he went back to working on homework while I screwed all of the drawer pulls back on. After that... ta-da!
Well, that's it! I am very proud of myself for painting the dresser all by myself and having it turn out so well! Hooray!