Well, Bryan was lucky enough to get to shadow an optometrist today from 8-12, so it just seems like a weekday to me so far (wake up to Bryan kissing me goodbye as he rushes out the door, get up and look at blogs for a while, think about working on my sewing project). I am going to work on my sewing project (the bean bags, of course), but I thought before I did that I'd share a couple of other things I've made lately for all of you to enjoy.
First of all, here's a fabric flower I made for my sister-in-law Lisa for her birthday last week. You can find the tutorial for it here on Little Birdie Secrets. It took a little longer than I was expecting, but it was still pretty quick and easy. I had originally planned to sew it onto a bobby pin, but the flower was heavier than I thought it would be, so I sewed it onto a sturdy hair elastic instead. I think it turned out pretty well.
I had already wrapped up the homemade soaps we got for her at the Provo Farmer's Market (It's still going until the end of October!) in this fun little box, so I topped it off with a piece of scrap fabric for the ribbon and tied the flower to the top. Oh, and I also made a matching tag by sewing a scrap of fabric to the top of the card. So easy... especially since the sewing machine and all the scraps were out on the table anyway!
Secondly, here's another flower I made from this tutorial at Yoonie At Home. (It may take a minute for that page to load if you just clicked on the link, fyi.) This flower really was as fast and easy as it seemed. The most time-consuming part was cutting out the pattern pieces. Then you just pile them all up and sew through the middle! The best part: no seam finishes and no ironing! These two things are always a major plus for me in crafts since my sewing machine and iron live tucked away in the back closet when they're not being used. There's just not enough space in our apartment to keep them out all the time anymore. Anyway, I used an extra (fake, of course) pearl bead in the middle instead of a button. It just seemed classier for this one, especially since it was going as part of a wedding present for my friend (the one who I gave those millions of t-shirt bags to). Once again, I sewed this flower onto a sturdy hair elastic instead of a clip and I tied it onto the handles of the bag as a finishing touch to the wrapping job. (Sorry, no picture of that.)
Well, that's all for now. I've been taking pictures along the way so I can share a tutorial with you on how to make the alpahbet bean bags I've been working on, so you can look forward to that soon!