Recently one of you wonderful readers/customers slipped me a note asking if I'd be adding Alphabet Flashcards in the shop anytime soon. So, after
Alphabet Flashcards PDF
Available in THE SHOP
I'll spare you the post I was going to write entitled "The Anatomy of Great Alphabet Flashcards" since I think I beat that to death in THIS POST and just say a few quick things about why I as a mother and a former preschool teacher think these Alphabet Flashcards are great.
Kids see uppercase letters all the time and, because they're easier to distinguish between (D, P, and Q are much easier to recognize than d, p, and q), they learn uppercase letters faster. But most of what we read are lowercase letters and that's what kids need more exposure to. This set includes a full set of uppercase letters as well as a full set of lowercase letters.
Uppercase and Lowercase Letters Match
I waffled back and forth a bit on whether to print all the letters in black or to give them some color. In the end, I decided that if plain black letters were too boring for me, they'd probably be too boring for any kid I know. So this alphabet is in full color and each letter has its own color. But to help kids recognize that "A" has the same name and makes the same sound as "a," both the uppercase and the lowercase of each letter are printed in the same color.
Just as Number Flashcards can only take you so far without the symbols used in math equations, Alphabet Flashcards won't take you very far without punctuation symbols. This set includes 13 common punctuation symbols (see the product listing for a complete list) to aide in beginning sentence structure. This opens up a whole world of uses to you that regular store-bought alphabet flashcards don't offer.
Why Change A Great Thing?
This set of Alphabet Flashcards share the following wonderful qualities with the Number Flashcards you've all been loving:
- Both the Number and Alphabet Flashcards feature clean, colorful, classic design that will help your kids focus on the actual letters or numbers. The whole idea of "A is for apple, B is for bear, C is for cat," etc. is fun, but it's often too distracting for little minds.
- A full LARGE set and a full MINI set of each uppercase and lowercase letters and all 13 common punctuation sign are included in the PDF
- The LARGE and MINI Alphabet Flashcards are the exact same sizes as the Number Flashcards, so you can store them together easily
- Because you can print off as many as you like (for personal use only), you can have multiples of the same letter in case one goes missing, or--you know--in case you want to actually spell a word with more than one of the same letter!
- To help make sure there's always a set available in the shop, I've put up two listings. But if you happen to visit the shop during one of those rare moments when I haven't re-listed the Alphabet Flashcards PDF fast enough, feel free to send me an e-mail or a convo on etsy to let me know you'd like to purchase a set and I'll contact you when it's up in the shop again so you don't have to keep checking back.
- And, of course, they're the same great price!
Again, both the Number Flashcards and the new Alphabet Flashcards are available in THE SHOP.
Happy Learning Time to you all!
Find more fun and easy preschool ideas on the Preschool page. You can also find them by clicking on the Preschool button in the header. Enjoy!