I love my handmade tags. Love love love them. But about fifteen times a week now I think about taking the plunge and ordering some professional ones. I couldn't justify it before because I wasn't even making things to sell, but now that I do have my little shop, it would sure make the process go a lot faster if I didn't have to iron and fold and sew the edges down on every little tag. You know?
But here's the thing. If I did order professional tags, I'd have no idea what to put on them. I love my little "kl(heart)" logo (in the photo above), but I'm not sure how much it belongs on my stuff. Sure, it's my initials, but nothing about it is going to let people know where to go to buy more of it. (Though, in my head, I imagine that someday these tags of mine will be called "vintage originals" or something and anything with one on it will be worth millions.)
So what do I put on the tags? "Notes From A Very Red Kitchen" is waaaaaay too long. And, really, it's the name of my blog and not my shop. But, even still, "From The Red Kitchen" is a bit of a mouthful to put on a tiny little tag too. And abbreviations are out because "NFAVRK" and "FTRK" both look stupid and remind me more of farts and swear words than anything else.
And so I'm left not really knowing what to do. I've thought about just having the tags say "red," but that kind of seems dumb. I don't know. Bryan says I should just come up with a logo specific to my shop and use that. And he's probably right... but I'm not there yet.
A word of wisdom to all you budding bloggers out there: pick a short and simple name. You never know if it's going to turn into a business and, if it does, you'll thank yourself a million times over.
Though, truth be told, if I had known back when I started ye olde blog back in 2008 that it was going to be what it is now, I still have no idea what I would have named it.
Your thoughts on all this?
And in other, completely unrelated news, I'm looking forward to the day when our bedroom will be this clean again. Sadly, that day probably won't be until we move out. But, in the mean time, here are a few things from this past weekend that I'm grateful for:
- Bryan graduated with his bachelors degree! (Uhh... sort of. He still has to take 2 more classes which is why we're not gone yet.)
- Bryan's mom and little brother came into town for graduation (and his sister was already here) and it was super fun to have them around.
- My mom and step-dad came into town for Bryan's graduation and it was super fun to have them around.
- We got to see my step-brother and his fun wife and their sweet little boy who I hadn't met yet (he's a little older than Olivia).
- My nightmares (for real) did not come true. It did not snow.
- We finally got to have our first big outdoor yard sale!!!!! (See note above about not snowing.)
- We sold a ton of stuff at the yard sale!
- One of my sweet readers came to the yard sale to meet me. So sweet. (Although, as it turns out, I think I'm a lot cooler here than in real life.)
- My parents and Bryan's family were super awesome about helping carry stuff up and down three flights of stairs and over two parking lots just so we could sell things at the yard sale.
- And they babysat our child while I stood out in the cold with my parents and bartered with the good people of... the town I live in.
- Bryan and I have started making preliminary plans of what we're actually going to take with us when we move and all the millions of things we still need to
get rid oftry and sell.
- Our families arrived safely back at home after their visit here.
- We had a nice calm Easter Sunday.
- My good friend and his family invited us over for dinner yesterday and it was amazing. Probably because his sister cooked all the food. Too bad she lives in Hawaii and can't invite us over for food more often. Uhh... I mean too bad she lives in Hawaii and we can't see her more often.
- We got to say one last goodbye to my BFF and Olivia's BFF before they move away forever to Wisconsin.
- Bryan only has two classes left to take. And only one is on campus.
- Today is vacation Monday. Woot woooooot!
Happy Monday everyone!