Final score: Serger 1, Katie 0.
Grrr. Either I'm getting really good at re-threading it... or I'm just really bad at re-threading it. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to the nice lady in the store today and figure out which. Let's just hope there's nothing really wrong with it.
I used this wonderful pattern from Leila & Ben. This pattern is just as cheap as any I found on Etsy but this one came highly recommended from the queen of making her own patterns for little girls clothes (so if she uses this pre-made pattern it must be worth it, right?) and I can now happily stand by that recommendation and pass it on to you.
(Note: This is not a sponsored post. I don't know the creator of the pattern and I'm not being compensated in any way for the nice things I'm saying about this pattern. I just like it and want to share that info with you.)
Here are a few reasons why I love this pattern:
- The directions are well-written and easy to follow and feature plenty of helpful pictures.
- The method of construction is quick, simple, and well thought out.
- The pattern comes in sizes 12 months-5T.
- The pattern is easy to alter and customize.
- Since it's a PDF I can print it out as many times as I want (instead of having to carefully trace the pattern onto tissue paper).
- It only costs $6 (many on Etsy cost around $10).
- Once you buy it, you get to download it right away. No waiting for e-mails or anything. A little bit magical and totally satisfying? Yes.
- It's a really quick sew.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Especially considering this was my first time using the pattern and I shortened it to be shirt length and added the crazy elastic bottom and it all came out just dandy.
And it'll fit for a long time.