Black Bean & Veggie Salad
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can corn (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cucumber (sliced & quartered)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 5 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/3 red onion (diced)
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro (diced)
- 1 large avocado or 2 smaller avocados (diced)
- 1 lime (cut into quarters)
- balsamic vinegar (about 1-2 TBS)
- salt (to taste)
Mix everything except the lime, balsamic vinegar, and salt together in a big bowl. Squeeze all of the lime juice from the lime over the salad and mix. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and mix. Add salt to taste and mix.
Yield: A very large bowl of fresh salad. Definitely big enough to take to a big family potluck. Or to enjoy lots and lots of by yourself at home. :)
We made up this fresh yummy salad last night to take with us when we went to visit out good friends Emily & Richard. What I thought would just be a nice little salad ended up being a nice BIG salad. Halfway through chopping and dicing we had to transfer the salad from the medium size bowl we were using to a 32 cup bowl. It wasn't filled to the brim, but it was pretty full.
The four of us ate quite a bit of it during dinner and I kept munching on it by myself after we got back. It was so fresh and yummy!