This fun and easy ghostie garland is sure to spookify your house and charm your guests this Halloween. Make it into a garland or hang your ghosties individually! (Oooh, a little morbid? How appropriate.) Get the full how-to below! ...
Click here or on the image above to view and print the pattern piece.
1. You will need:
- ghostie garland pattern piece (click here or see above)
- white fabric
- embroidery floss
- pinking shears and/or fabric scissors
- a fine tip permanent marker
- needle and thread
2. Decide how many little ghosties you want to have on your garland. For each ghost, you will need 1 circle of white fabric (cut from pattern), a 10" piece of embroidery floss, and a bit of stuffing.
Tip: To cut your circles easily and accurately, fold the pattern piece into quarters. Then fold your fabric into quarters before cutting, align the pattern piece appropriately, and cut your circle using pinking shears or regular fabric scissors. Folding and cutting the circles in quarters will also help you center your stuffing for the head in step 4.
3. Open your circle and lay it flat.
4. Center your stuffing on your circle and use your hand to close the fabric around the stuffing.
5. Gather the fabric tightly around the stuffing to create the head.
6. Wrap the embroidery floss around the ghost's neck twice, pull tight, and tie in a knot.
7. Tie embroidery floss into a small bow at the ghost's neck.
8. Use your permanent marker to draw a face on the ghost.
9. Decide how long you want your garland to be and cut a piece of thread to that length. Thread the thread onto your needle and sew through the top of the ghost's head.
10. Tie a knot above the stitch you just made to keep your ghost securely in place.
11. If desired, hang the ghosts individually from the ceiling.
12. To make into a garland, continue attaching each ghost along the thread, making sure to keep them evenly spaced.
Hang your ghostie garland up for some fun and festive decor!
Or hang each ghostie individually from the ceiling for a fun and spooky effect.