|Today's realistic expectation: grilled cheese sandwich for lunch|
There was a time, not so long ago, when I was totally put together. I exercised for 45 minutes a day, ate really healthy, read real books on a regular basis (okay, so it was a book a month), planned fun outings with my daughter, made Christmas presents...
Yeah, Christmas presents. This was back in December. Pre-Christmas. Boy are those days gone.
As I sat on the big comfy leather couch at my in-laws' house, reveling in the joys of doing nothing all Christmas break, I made the following goals for 2013:
- Finish writing/compiling the first draft of my book
- Compile a draft of my book that is submission worthy
- Submit my book to agents and/or publishers
- Work on an e-book version of my book
- Learn how to play at least 5 chords on the guitar
- Go to the temple every month
- Read a book about temples
- Finish reading the Old Testament
- Teach a sewing class
- Finish reading Understanding Exposure
- Finish reading lessons book with Olivia
- Weigh 140 pounds
- Create a portfolio blog and post a new tutorial on it once a week
13 goals for 2013. How charming of me. Today's the last day of February and, if the stereotypes about new years resolutions are correct, I should have failed at/forgotten all of my goals by now. Let's see how I'm doing...